Alucrom only hires technologically competent operators, which means that we can meet the requirements of the Authorization Board for Anticorrosion Painting, i.e. that at least 50% of the staff at every work site are certified painters. As industry leaders, our goal is that 100% of our operators are educated “Certified painters”.
What does it mean to be a certified painter?
That our operators are both educated and certified painters is a guarantee that he or she has:
- Theoretical and practical education of at least 55 hours
- Basic knowledge within pre-treatment, blasting and anticorrosive painting
- Knowledge of how to perform qualified operations within pre-treatment, blasting and anticorrosive painting
- The education consists of a theoretical and a practical part and is completed with a written exam.
Education for painters and inspectors
We have several educated “Certified painters” in our contracting organization, and a number of educated FROSIO-inspectors (Inspector Level 3) according to NS 476.
Examples of educational programs that our employees have completed:
- Chemical occupational hazards, including thermosetting plastic (AFS 2014:43)
- Operating high pressure jets (AFS 1994:54)
- Certified painter education
- Chartek Fireproofing Applicator Training School
- Bas-P/Bas-U (Construction Safety Coordinator according to requirements from the Swedish Work Environment Authority)
- Irata International Rope Access
- Road work
- Road vehicles
- Mobile working platforms A1-B3
- Hot Works
- SSG Entre (Safety training course for industry contractors)
- SSG Entre Chemistry